Skills Yorkshire 2018 is a hugely interactive careers, jobs and skills event for young people. Since 2007 the event has helped over 100,000 young people to find out about careers, skills and learning options.
The events welcome visitors of all abilities and ambitions from year 10 and above. Exhibitors – including Leeds City College – offer apprenticeships and training, as well as college and higher education courses.
Many visitors arrive knowing very little about the careers they are interested in, or which industry sectors to consider, but the combination of interactive features and educational institutions and employers enable visitors to find out about careers and training all under one roof.
Interactive features in the past have included:
- Stage performances showcasing dance, drama, music, cookery, hair dressing and floristry
- Building and construction challenges including roofing, brickwork, plastering, tiling and paving
- Cookery and hospitality taster sessions with cake decorating, flambe, cocktail mixing and bed making
- Physical challenges such as rock climbing, sporting challenges and buzz reaction testing
- Wheel change/automotive challenge, wiring circuit boards, energy production, crime scene investigation, science demos, IT coding and many more….
|3 Oct 2018|
|4 Oct 2018|