The Aspire to Medicine Summer School is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and experience to make an excellent application to the University of Bristol’s medical school.
The summer school is free of charge to all participants and includes all meals, activities and accommodation in single-sex halls of residence.
In order to apply for the Aspire to Medicine Summer School, students must:
- study Chemistry and one other lab-based science (Biology or Physics) at AS-level;
- have achieved five A grade GCSEs including Maths, English Language and two science subjects;
- attend a state maintained school or college;
- be in Year 12.
If the summer school is oversubscribed, we will give priority to students who meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
- come from an area of low participation (we will check this using applicants’ postcodes);
- will be the first generation in their family to attend university (siblings do not count);
- are in local authority care;
- attend a low performing school or college;
- are under 18 at the time of the summer school.
If two candidates fulfil the same number of criteria, we will use GCSE grades to differentiate between them.
The application deadline is Monday 18th April 2016.
|25 Jul 2016|
|26 Jul 2016|
|27 Jul 2016|
|28 Jul 2016|